We’ve talked extensively in the past about the productivity gains and increased revenue potential through the use of Autonomous Order Processing, especially as it relates to the huge, positive impact it has on drop ship order profitability.
But, many times, business owners are reluctant to even consider the potential cost to their business – so much so that they don’t even investigate it to see if it is viable. And, sometimes if they do, they have serious sticker shock and dismiss the idea. However, what’s often not considered is the very fast Return on Investment (ROI) that is achieved and how quickly that increased profitability and productivity comes to pass for your company.
Yes, it’s not free. An Autonomous Order Processing System is NOT a one size fits all solution and it needs to work with a lot of moving parts within your business, like:
- It must adapt to your business rules and processes
- It must work transparently with all of your retailers and e-tailers to exchange mandatory electronic information and create compliant Packing Slips
- It must work transparently with your e-commerce shopping carts to process orders and communicate shipment tracking to your customers
- It must work with your Accounting and Inventory System to create accurate invoices and decrement inventory without manual entry
- It must work transparently with your primary shipping carriers such as USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. without having to use 3rd party software for shipping and labels or going to one of their portals.
- And, it must work effectively with and optimize your warehouse or 3PL.
So, for example, let’s say that you have to invest $10,000 to connect all of those moving parts discussed above. Sounds like a lot doesn’t it, but you REALLY need to consider the following:
- I don’t know what your current per drop ship order processing cost is, but in my experience it runs at least $3 per order in labor cost. At a run rate of around 1,000 orders that would be $3,000 per month. With Autonomous Order Processing it would be $.80 or $800 per month. A savings of $2,200 and an ROI in 4 to 5 months.
- Also, if you are growing, as I’m sure you are, and have the need to add personnel to manage the load at some point, Autonomous Order Processing eliminates the need to hire additional personnel. A savings of $15,000-$20,000 plus overheads each year. Once again, the cost of one additional hire more than covers your investment.
Before you dismiss the possibilities out of hand, contact OPAL – the ONLY Autonomous Order Processing solution – to see what it can do for your business, while also paying for itself extremely quickly. Book your FREE DEMO now.