Anyone that drop ships product directly to consumers is painfully aware of these issues:
- The order processing labor cost to process small orders and the impact it has on the order’s profit.
- Growing your drop ship business doesn’t solve the problem – you end up needing to add more staff to keep up with the workload.
- Your retailers and e-tailers either require you to manually use their portal OR a 3rd party company to communicate with them (POs, Acknowledgements, ASNs, Invoices, etc.) which just cuts further into each order’s profit.
Many suppliers that I talk to believe they’re automated – or at least as much as they can be – but they still suffer with these problems. They have a 3rd party EDI Company connected to their customer, they can get POs dropped into their Accounting or ERP system and they have 3rd party software for tracking numbers and shipping. It’s true – that is AUTOMATED but it’s not AUTONOMOUS (think ROBOT). Order processing people are still spending time managing the order process from receipt to shipping and responding to problems along the way.
So what’s the solution? What if you could do this?
- Handle 95% of your drop ship orders entirely autonomously without the need for order processing personnel and allow them to focus on that 3% – 5% that actually require human intelligence and intervention. Given the 8-12 minutes that they can spend on every drop ship order that typically equates to $3+ added in to the profit on 95% of your incoming orders. That’s a pretty substantial percentage on orders of less than $100.
- Process incoming orders 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, autonomously, without adding staff. This gives you the ability to increase order volume and grow your business exponentially without adding order processing staff.
- Remove the costs associated with 3rd party EDI companies and instead communicate with your retailers and e-tailers directly – AND WITHOUT GOING TO A PORTAL.
OPAL provides the only INTELLIGENT and AUTONOMOUS (once again, think ROBOT) drop ship processing software solution that handles the vast majority of your drop ship orders in 8 seconds or less, in full compliance with your retailer and e-tailer requirements and without the need of a 3rd party to communicate with them. It even simplifies and speeds much of the Bulk Shipment order process, as well.
OPAL is scalable and is configured to each business’ processes – small or large, one size and process does not have to “fit all” businesses.
OPAL receives orders from retailers and e-tailers, manages all document communication with them, processes and invoices orders through your ERP or Accounting System, creates picklists for the warehouse and creates packing slips and custom branded 3rd party shipping labels per any retailer’s or e-tailer’s requirements. Once shipped, it sends back tracking information and invoices to the retailer or e-tailer, as well as tracking packages and sending inventory updates. OPAL also lets you know when one of those 3% – 5% of order exceptions occur so that it can be addressed promptly.