Since walking around the store has been limited, life at home over the past year has forced marketers to get creative in educating consumers about products. Many retailers are experimenting with live streams and partnerships with social influencers, and it is projected to generate more than $11 billion in US sales this year.
What is the draw to this new “QVC style” of shopping online from home? It’s both entertainment and advertising in a way that draws both young and old. Retailers can partner with influencers who will draw in crowds with similar demographics matching to products and generate sales in real-time during the live stream.
As retailers seek out trustworthy and knowledgeable suppliers for upcoming live streams, is your business prepared and ready for the volume and speed required to keep up with demand?
Nurture Your Relationship with Retailers
If you want to be a valued and trusted supplier and considered for opportunities like live streams, it is important to show your reliability and consistency in performance.
Retailers are concerned about quick shipments, minimal late or missed shipments, reduced invalid tracking information and late deliveries to the consumer because ultimately it is the retailer that will pay the consequences and their brand suffers.
In order to nurture your relationship with retailers, you should focus on:
- Compliance with retailer’s business processes.
- Upward scalability of your business, delivering more on-time orders each day.
- Maximizing your warehouse’s efficiency.
To learn more about building trust with retailers through your reliable relationships and the importance of the score card, click here.
Benefits of Order Processing Software:
The most successful suppliers work to quicken their order processing and warehouse efficiencies, so that when new trends like live streaming arise, they are ready for the challenge and opportunities.
Selecting effective software is the quickest and most cost-efficient way to do more with less. Benefits include:
- Save time processing orders: a shift from manual steps to autonomous processes will increase your capacity for additional and accurate orders without the need to hire additional staff.
- Reduce overhead costs: it takes time to enter data manually and then transfer information into the accounting system, but when automated it happens within a matter of seconds.
- Increase data control: human error is inevitable, no matter how careful your team is during data entry. Automation significantly reduces the number of opportunities for error.
- Faster shipping: automation allows you to quickly send orders straight to your warehouse for shipping with all of the needed paperwork.
- Build stronger relationships with retailers: Retailers expect accurate and timely communication and business processes, and automation provides real time data across all inventory, processing, shipping documentation, etc. so that your eCommerce business reflects its dependability and accuracy.
Simplify with OPAL’s 4-in-1 Software Solution
EDI | Order Management |Warehouse Management | Shipping
If you want to be a valued and trusted supplier to your retailers so that your company will have opportunities to partner on opportunities like live streaming, it is important to be responsive and meet the expectations clearly communicated.
The bottom line is that OPAL addresses all of this for you and so much more. It combines all of your order management, warehouse management and shipping solution activities into one autonomous software platform without the need for all of the multiple software systems. AND without the cost of EDI transactions.
OPAL is the innovative solution to simplify your business fulfillment needs in today’s rapidly transforming retail world. To learn more, click here!
Click here to book your customized demo today. We are here to support you through this time of change and are here to help you innovate and thrive!